Thursday, April 9, 2015

Bible Answer, 11



~ Did You Get It Right?  ~   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~ bible answer ~~~~ 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

question 11:  Which Biblical character(s), other than Jesus Christ, does the Bible indicate lived their life without sin?

comments:  There is more behind this question than some may have supposed.  This question came about as a result of my being asked this question years ago by a well intentioned friend.  My immediate answer was “none.”  My questioner corrected me by saying, “The Bible does not ever mention any sin by Daniel.”  This reply bothered me, so I set out to prove him wrong by reading through the Book of Daniel one more time. 

answer:   It is true that no specific sin of Daniel is mentioned in the Book of Daniel.  However, we find Daniel confessing personal sin!  This confirms what we know to be doctrinally true that Daniel was a sinner.  The Bible does NOT indicate that any human being has lived their life without sin—other than the sinless Son of God!

Daniel said, “Now while I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God” (Daniel 9:20). 

“All have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).  

additional comment:   This post is in no way intended to diminish the life of Daniel.  On the contrary, we recognize that Daniel lived a life that was pleasing to God.  What an honor it would be if when the Spirit of God directed a summary of our life to be written did not record any specific sin!  At the same time we must realize that even Daniel possessed the fallen nature of Adam. 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment