Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Psalmist Cries, 1of5

 ~ Lament of Complaint To God ~

Introduction  ~  Throughout the Book of Psalms we find a Psalmist crying out to God – lamenting the circumstances surrounding him.  In this series we look at five types of laments found in the Psalms – it is by no means an exhaustive list of the types of laments or the number of psalms in each of the types we look at.  Also, a particular psalm can be labeled in more than one way. 

Example Psalms  ~  O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger, nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.  Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.  My soul also is greatly troubled; but You, O Lord — how long?  

Return, O Lord, deliver me!  Oh, save me for Your mercies’ sake!  For in death there is no remembrance of You; in the grave who will give You thanks?  

“I am weary with my groaning; all night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears.  My eye wastes away because of grief; it grows old because of all my enemies.  

“Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; for the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.  The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.  Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly” (Psalm 6:1-10).

How long, O Lord?  Will You forget me forever?  How long will You hide Your face from me?  How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily?  How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and hear me, O Lord my God; enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; lest my enemy say, ‘I have prevailed against him’; lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

“But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me” (Psalm 13:1-6).

Comment  ~  Have you ever cried out to God with a cry of honest complaint to God?

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

* * * * *

Author web page: http://booksrlr.com/ “Books by Robert Lloyd Russell”  

·         Be an insider!  Sign up for his Author Newsletter and receive occasional news and special offers.  His books have won national and international literary awards.  Subscribe today and receive a welcome gift.  Your email will never be sold, given, or used in any other way.  You can easily unsubscribe at any time.  https://www.subscribepage.com/rlr 

Daily blog page: http://robertlloydrussell.blogspot.com/ “Abundant Life Now”

·         The INDEX of topics is accessed by scrolling down the left column.

·         The current TOP 10 reader favorites are listed at the bottom of the page.

·         Personal TOP 10 favorites are listed in the right-hand column of the blog. 

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robertlloyd.russell 

Career page: http://www.robertlloydrussell.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment