Thursday, July 15, 2021

7 In The Lord

 ~ Are You Fully Functioning “In The Lord”? ~

Brethren In The Lord (unity)  ~  “But I [The Apostle Paul] want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel, so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my chains are in Christ; and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear” (Philippians 1:12-14). 

Trust In The Lord (faith)  ~  “But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you shortly, that I also may be encouraged when I know your state.  For I have no one like-minded, who will sincerely care for your state.  For all seek their own, not the things which are of Christ Jesus.  But you know his proven character, that as a son with his father he served with me in the gospel.  Therefore I hope to send him at once, as soon as I see how it goes with me.  But I trust in the Lord that I myself shall also come shortly” (Philippians 2:19-24). 

Accepted In The Lord (fellowship)  ~  “Therefore I sent him [Epaphroditus] the more eagerly, that when you see him again you may rejoice, and I may be less sorrowful.  Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness, and hold such men in esteem; because for the work of Christ he came close to death, not regarding his life, to supply what was lacking in your service toward me” (Philippians 2:28-30). 

Rejoice In The Lord (joy)  ~  Rejoice in the Lord always.  Again I will say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4). 

Stand Fast In The Lord (stability)  ~  Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved” (Philippians 4:1).

Same Mind In The Lord (oneness)  ~  “I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord” (Philippians 4:2). 

Rejoice In The Lord (witness)  ~  What the Apostle Paul exhorted others to do (verse 4:4 above) he provided an example for others to follow – he walked his talk: “But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity” (Philippians 4:10).

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog.

* * * * *

Author web page: http://booksrlr.com/ “Books by Robert Lloyd Russell”  

·         Be an insider!  Sign up for his Author Newsletter and receive occasional news and special offers.  His books have won national and international literary awards.  Subscribe today and receive a welcome gift.  Your email will never be sold, given, or used in any other way.  You can easily unsubscribe at any time.  https://www.subscribepage.com/rlr 

Daily blog page: http://robertlloydrussell.blogspot.com/ “Abundant Life Now”

·         The INDEX of topics is accessed by scrolling down the left column.

·         The current TOP 10 reader favorites are listed at the bottom of the page.

·         Personal TOP 10 favorites are listed in the right-hand column of the blog. 

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robertlloyd.russell 

Career page: http://www.robertlloydrussell.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment