Tuesday, September 3, 2013

7 Things Paul Knew



~ The Apostle Paul Knew The Critical Essentials! ~

His Nature  ~  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells” (Romans 7:18a).  Notice that Paul had gained spiritual vision.

His Savior  ~  For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day” (2 Timothy 1:12). Paul understood and was confident of his future.

His Knowledge  ~  For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known” (1 Corinthians 13:12). He also knew that one day he would have all the answers.

His Character  ~  For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord” (1 Corinthians 4:4). Paul knew who his ultimate Judge was and he had confidence in His justice. 

His Ultimate End  ~  For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death” (Philippians 1:19-20). He was keenly aware that his future was in the hands of God—and he was confident and happy that God would do best. 

His Plans  ~  “And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again” (Philippians 1:25-26). Paul lived a purpose-driven life. He knew what his calling was. 

His Place  ~  I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need” (Philippians 4:12). Paul had learned to be content in whatever circumstances he might find himself in—he had complete trust in his Lord and Savior and viewed himself rightly as a tool in God’s hand. It is the Master Craftsman who chooses which tool for which job and how to use that particular tool. 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment