Thursday, June 26, 2014

4 Roles



~ Are You Fulfilling The Christian Job Description? ~

John 15 presents four titles, or callings, which are part of every Christian’s job description.

Disciples  ~  Disciples are students. Disciples of Jesus Christ are learning to be more like Him in all aspects of their lives.  Jesus said, “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples” (John 15:7-8). 

Friends  ~  Friends communicate with each other. They long to spend time together.  Jesus said, You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you” (John 15:14-15).

Servants   ~  Servants work for another. Christians work with Christ for His interests. Jesus said, “If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also” (John 15:19-20).

Witnesses   ~  Witnesses tell what they know firsthand. Christians testify to others what Jesus Christ has done and is doing for them. Jesus said, “And you also will bear witness” (John 15:27a).

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website. 

If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment