Sunday, November 4, 2018

Jesus Is…, 52


~ Jesus Christ Is Self-Existent ~

Passages  ~  “And God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM.’  And He said, ‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, “I AM has sent me to you”’” (Exodus 3:14-15). 

“Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM’” (John 8:58).  

Significance  ~  God is!  Jesus Christ is!  “I AM” is essentially a blank check in which to fill in any of His wonderful and unique qualities. 

Comment  ~  Jesus Christ amplifies His great I AM title throughout the Gospel of John. 
1.      “I am the Bread of Life” (6:35-51),
2.      “I am the Light of the World” (8:12, 9:5),
3.      “I am the Door” (10:7-9),
4.      “I am the Good Shepherd” (10:11-14),
5.      “I am the Son of God” (10:36),
6.      “I am the Resurrection and the Life” (11:25),
7.      “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life” (14:6),
8.      “I am in the Father, and the Father in Me” (John 14:10), and
9.      “I am the True Vine” (15:1-5). 

additional remark:  For a different look and fuller understanding of the self-existence of God see chapter 14, entitled “True Perpetual Motion” in the international award winning book GOD LIGHT: Sunlight Sonlight (find details by clicking on the God Light tab above).

the key question:  “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15).  This is the most important question you will ever answer.  If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment