Wednesday, November 22, 2023

God Attribute, 95

~ God Is A Refuge ~

 

This Series  ~  This series of posts looks at some of the many attributes of God.  Generally, we move in alphabetical order.

 

Introduction  ~  Those who know God have a 24/7 refuge.

 

Scripture  ~  “The Lord is their strength, and He is the saving refuge of His anointed” (Psalm 28:8).

 

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You” (Psalm 9:9-10).

 

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, ‘Destroy’!” (Deuteronomy 33:27).

 

“The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge” (Psalm 46:11).

 

In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God” (Psalm 62:7 and 11).

 

“The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies” (2 Samuel 22:3-4).

 

“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by” (Psalm 57:1).

 

O Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction” (Jeremiah 16:19a).

 

“Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us” (Hebrews 6:17-18).

 

Questions  ~  Is God your refuge? If not, why not go to Him today?

 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog.

 

* * * * *

Bible Version: Quotations are from the NKJV unless otherwise noted.  Emphasis is added.

FREE Author Newsletter: Subscribe today and receive a FREE welcome gift followed by occasional news and special offers.  https://www.subscribepage.com/rlr  Your email will never be sold, given, or used in any other way and you can easily unsubscribe at any time. 

Author web page: “Books by Robert Lloyd Russell” http://booksrlr.com/ – 11 national and international book awards.

Daily blog page: “Abundant Life Now” http://robertlloydrussell.blogspot.com/

·         An INDEX of past topics is accessed by scrolling down the left column.

·         The current TOP 10 reader favorites are listed at the bottom of the page.

·         His personal TOP 10 favorites are listed in the right-hand column of the blog. 

Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/robertlloyd.russell 

No comments:

Post a Comment