Wednesday, April 23, 2014

God’s Hands



~ His Hands Are a Place of… ~

There is an old hymn which states, “Our times are in Your hands, Father we would wish them there” (note Deuteronomy 33:3 in the next paragraph). 

Blessing  ~  Yes, He loves the people; all His saints are in Your hand; they sit down at Your feet; everyone receives Your words” (Deuteronomy 33:3).   

Mercy  ~  And David said to Gad, ‘I am in great distress.  Please let us fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are great; but do not let me fall into the hand of man’” (2 Samuel 24:14). 

Creation  ~  Your hands have made me and fashioned me, an intricate unity” (Job 10:8a).   

Life  ~  Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this, in whose hand is the life of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind?” (Job 12:9-10).   

Keeping  ~  “But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, ‘You are my God.’  My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from those who persecute me” (Psalm 31:14-15).   

Supply  ~  “These all wait for You, that You may give them their food in due season.  What You give them they gather in; You open Your hand, they are filled with good” (Psalm 104:27-28).  

Disposal  ~  “The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.  Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the hearts” (Proverbs 21:1-2). 

Hiding and Usefulness  ~  Listen, O coastlands, to Me, and take heed, you peoples from afar!  The Lord has called Me from the womb; from the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.  And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, and made Me a polished shaft; in His quiver He has hidden Me” (Isaiah 49:1-2). 

Security  ~  “Jesus answered them, ‘I told you, and you do not believe.  The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me.  But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.  I and My Father are one’” (John 10:25-30).

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website. 

If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment