Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Quote: Your Heavenly Father



~ He Treats Us As Individuals ~

Should a father encourage and direct his children differently?

The following is an excerpt from a book.

Consider the imagery in Scripture of God as our heavenly Father. This is probably the most pervasive of all images we have of God. Think of what that relationship means in human terms. For example, as a father, I had desires or a general will for each of my two daughters as they grew to maturity. Included in my general desire was that they would both grow into adulthood as honest, upright Christians who marry another strong believer. In fact, even before my wife was pregnant we as a couple prayed not only for our future children’s eternal salvation but that God would be preparing His choice of a life partner for them.

However, as a father I also had more specific wishes, desires, based largely on my children’s abilities and skills. Because they were talented in different ways, my desires were not identical for both of them. My general desires were identical, but I had specific desires for each which were based on their personalities, talents, and interests. As a father I did not reveal all my secret wishes unless and until they sought counsel from me. Do you think our heavenly Father operates differently?

The Specific Will of God, like the General Will of God, expresses what pleases God but is focused on what pleases Him in specific instances—it relates to you specifically and to decisions that you make. Unfortunately, it is not clearly laid out in Scripture and is not always carried out—but you can know it and do it! My definition of His specific will is God’s desire for you.

~ from “THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH: Understanding God’s Will for You” by Robert Lloyd Russell, pgs 7-8 (ISBN: 9781606474303)
Learn more about this important book at Amazon, the Publisher, or the Author’s website. 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment