Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Shadow of His Wings



~ Consider Some of the Benefits of Being Under His Wings  ~

“The owl will nest there and lay eggs, she will hatch them, and care for her young under the shadow of her wings; there also the falcons will gather, each with its mate” (Isaiah 34:15).

The Scriptures present a beautiful word picture of the Christian’s place as a child of God—being under the shadow of His wings.

A Place of Hiding  ~  “Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand, O You who save those who trust in You from those who rise up against them.  Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me under the shadow of Your wings, from the wicked who oppress me, from my deadly enemies who surround me” (Psalm 17:7-9). 

A Place of Refuge  ~  “Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!  For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by.  I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me.  He shall send from heaven and save me; He reproaches the one who would swallow me up.  Selah.  God shall send forth His mercy and His truth” (Psalm 57:1-3). 

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.  He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.  You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday” (Psalm 91:3-6).   

A Place of Trust  ~  “How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!  Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.  They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.  For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light” (Psalm 36:7-9). 

For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy.  I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.  Selah” (Psalm 61:3-4). 

A Place of Abundant Satisfaction  ~  “How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!  Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.  They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.  For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light” (Psalm 36:7-9).  

A Place of Rejoicing  ~  True joy is yet another asset of those who know their Creator and know their final destiny.  “When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches.  Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.  My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me” (Psalm 63:6-8). 

summary:  “Under the shadow of His wings” is a wonderful word picture of the benefits Christians enjoy.  For example, protection is a key element of being a child of God—a place of hiding and of refuge is provided for those who have put their trust in God.  
Consistent and reliable love is another key element.  Abundant satisfaction far beyond what is obtainable in any other way is perhaps one of the best descriptions of the Christian life—“Abundant Life Now!”    

response:  How about you?  Are you under His protection?  Do you have complete confidence in His never failing love toward you?  Do you maintain a deep inner satisfaction and joy regardless of your circumstances?

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment