Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Spiritual War, 10of20

~ Spiritual War: Our Defensive Equipment ~

Defensive Equipment (effective armor)  ~  There is a secular saying, “that a strong defense is the best offense.”  Armor, by its very nature is defensive and we have been given all the protection we need to endure the battle.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Ephesians 6:11-13).  “For our shield belongs to the Lord, and our king to the Holy One of Israel” (Psalm 89:18).  

Head Protection  ~  “I said to the Lord: ‘You are my God; hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord.  O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.  Do not grant, O Lord, the desires of the wicked; do not further his wicked scheme, lest they be exalted’” (Psalm 140:6-8). 

Strategic and Tactical Planning  ~  “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.’  Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.  He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler” (Psalm 91:1-4).

Victories Are From God  ~  “I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.  I have wounded them, so that they could not rise; they have fallen under my feet.  For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.  You have also given me the necks of my enemies, so that I destroyed those who hated me” (Psalm 18:37-40).

Comment  ~  Abundant Life Now previously posted a series on the Christian’s Armor.  The posts directly related to defense include:

Breastplate of Righteousness, February 20, 2014, Our Whole Armor, 3of9

Shoes of Peace, February 21, 2014, Our Whole Armor, 4of9

Shield of Faith, February 24, 2014, Our Whole Armor, 5of9

Helmet of Salvation, February 25, 2014, Our Whole Armor, 6of9

 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment