Wednesday, June 29, 2022

God Attribute, 23

 ~ Face – God Has a Face ~

 

This Series  ~  This series of posts looks at some of the many attributes of God.  Generally, we move in alphabetical order.

 

Introduction  ~  Reference to God’s face in Scripture is used in different ways – just as today we use references in different ways including in a literal sense, but also sometimes in a figurative sense.  Without going into a explanation of the different ways words were, and are, used what follows is arguably the most familiar Scripture passage regarding the face of God. 

 

Scripture  ~  “Then He said, ‘I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you.  I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.’  But He said, ‘You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.’  And the Lord said, ‘Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock.  So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by.  Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen’” (Exodus 33:19-23).

 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog.

 

* * * * *

Bible Version: Quotations are from the NKJV unless otherwise noted.  Emphasis is added.

FREE Author Newsletter: Subscribe today and receive a FREE welcome gift followed by occasional news and special offers.  https://www.subscribepage.com/rlr  Your email will never be sold, given, or used in any other way and you can easily unsubscribe at any time. 

Author web page: “Books by Robert Lloyd Russell” http://booksrlr.com/ – 11 national and international book awards.

Daily blog page: “Abundant Life Now” http://robertlloydrussell.blogspot.com/

·         An INDEX of past topics is accessed by scrolling down the left column.

·         The current TOP 10 reader favorites are listed at the bottom of the page.

·         His personal TOP 10 favorites are listed in the right-hand column of the blog. 

Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/robertlloyd.russell 

No comments:

Post a Comment