Sunday, August 10, 2014

Why Christ Came, 1of4


~ Reasons Why Jesus Came—Specific Missions ~ 

Consider four specific missions which Jesus Christ came to earth to fulfill.

He Came To Bear Witness To The Truth  ~  “Pilate therefore said to Him, ‘Are You a king then?’  Jesus answered, ‘You say rightly that I am a king.  For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.  Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.’  Pilate said to Him, ‘What is truth?’  And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them, ‘I find no fault in Him at all’” (John 18:37-38). 

He Came To Do The Will Of His Father  ~  Jesus said, “I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me” (John 6:38). 

He Came To Demonstrate God’s Love  ~  This is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins” (1 John 4:10).

He Came To Send Us  ~  “So Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace to you!  As the Father has sent Me, I also send you’” (John 20:21).

The bottom line is He came for our benefit.

the key question: “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). This is the most important question you will ever answer. If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website. 

If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment