Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Possession, 2of3



~ Jesus Christ Belongs to God ~

“When He [Jesus Christ] had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.  And suddenly a voice [of God the Father] came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’” (Matthew 3:16-17).  (Side note: notice the Trinity in this passage.)

For to which of the angels did He [God the Father] ever say:You are My Son, Today I have begotten You’?  And again: I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son’?  But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: ‘Let all the angels of God worship Him’” (Hebrews 1:5-6). 

I will declare the decree: the Lord [God the Father] has said to Me [Jesus Christ], 'You are My Son, today I have begotten You.  Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession.  You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel’” (Psalm 2:7-9).

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website. 

If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment