Friday, July 18, 2014

6 Joys



~ 6-Fold Joy of Salvation ~

According to the Word of God there are at least six different parties who rejoice at the salvation of a soul.

Jesus Christ ~ “‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance” (Luke 15:6-7). 

God The Father ~ “The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing” (Zephaniah 3:17, NIV). 

The Angels ~ “Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents” (Luke 15:10). 

Friends and Neighbors ~ “And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ … And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’” (Luke 15:6-7, 9)

The Church ~ “So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren” (Acts 15:3).

The New Believer ~   “‘And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry;  for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry” (Luke 15:23-24).

Have you known the joy of conversion? 

Do you have joy following conversion?  The secret is in a simple acrostic:  Jesus first, Others next, and Yourself last.

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website. 

If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment